Monday, April 8, 2013

Prayer

I pray at night before I fall asleep. I also tend to read or watch shows at night before I fall asleep. At the moment I'm watching Nashville. Don't judge.

At 1:30 a.m. I had just struggled through one last episode, rolled over into a half kneeling, half fetal position and stumbled through what I intended to make into a legitimate prayer.

A few thoughts and words into my first attempt and I fell asleep. Then I woke up and started again. Then I fell asleep again. Then I woke up one more time determined to get to the end of a prayer, even a short one. In that final attempt I made it to "amen", rolled onto my back, then realized that I had just prayed that God help Rayna James get through her trying time.

Rayna James is the main character in Nashville.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I fully support this. I love Nashville.

Cody said...

oh my gosh i just laughed out loud.